Uppertunity aims to develop the community in every way possible and includes our members in this development. One of the ways is through gardening. Our volunteer shrubbers and plotters are in charge of creating a beautiful environment within Uppertunity’s premises (The Circle) and on a community garden plot (Tayview Community Garden).
Volunteers are in charge of:
- developing and maintaining the land
- growing herbs, vegetables and flowers
- creating outdoor art and a sensory area
- creating wood work pieces
This group is open to all individuals of any ability, and the venue and activities are wheelchair accessible, and includes beverages.
We do ask that members who are joining to make a commitment where they will attend regularly. Volunteer numbers are limited to 8 per session.
All volunteers hours are recorded, and members can choose to partake in the Grow and Learn award as well, a horticultural award specifically designed for adults with additional needs.
We have two venues for our gardening:
- Every Wednesday (3:30pm to 5pm) and Friday (10am to 12pm) at The Circle on Staffa Place.
- Every Wednesday (10am to 12pm) at Tay View Community Garden on Robertson Street (14th of March 2018 till 26th of September 2018). Map on left.